We had a great Christmas with my family - even though we had to sacrifice a deer to get there. We arrived on Christmas day and after our very eventful morning we were excited to just get to the house, sit and relax and enjoy Christmas day with the family. The girls got spoiled by loving grandparents and great grandparents with presents and lots of love!! It's a good thing I spared some extra luggage room for the trip home!
Our vacation gets better though...We took pictures, played games, ate lots of good food, we made Ginger Bread Houses, we went bowling, we caught a mouse in the house (very funny story)...we took Claire to the emergency room...YEP! You read that correctly - Claire spiked a fever of 102 and since the threshold for infants is 100.4 - we were a little nervous and decided to take her to the ER in Colorado. The whole week, Claire had been going down hill. She had a cough, stuffed/running nose and eye boogers and then came the fever and since the fever kept going up we took her in. She had blood drawn, a urine test and a chest X-Ray. The results of all the tests were negative for whatever could have been wrong, but to help keep her hydrated, they gave her an IV for fluids. On the last night we were there, she was finally able to sleep through the night without going into a coughing frenzy.
Evelyn on the other hand - was a super star. Her antibiotic really took effect and she was back to her normal self a day after we arrived! She was having so much fun playing with her cousins and getting some quality time with her Grandma and Paco (grandpa).
As fun and eventful as our Christmas vacation was...we will never forget this year. Lets recap our adventure - It all started with Evelyn getting Pneumonia, we hit a deer damaging our family vehicle, mommy gets sick with an ear infection and sinus infection, Gordon gets a bloody nose due to cabin pressure, we all suffer ear pain on the plane with cabin pressure, we take Claire to the ER while we are out of state and not sure if our insurance will cover it...I am just glad we didn't lose our luggage at the rate we were going! Yes, this Christmas will always be remembered!!
Today, we are home and laundry is almost done. My girls are regaining their health and strength. I am just as miserably sick as before I left and have another DR appointment tomorrow morning. Gordon is trying to maintain his health and fighting a head cold, but we are all so excited because tomorrow we close on our house!! We will soon be homeowners again and we can't wait. We are packing up the room tonight and tomorrow we get the keys to our new house! We're having a slumber party!!!
3 comments:
Wow Hi-me! I don't even know what to say...how about...Happy New Year! :) I'm pretty sure you won't forget this Christmas! Maybe the next time y'all get together for Christmas you should host it in your new house and not go anywhere. I'm glad you made it home safely. I hope everyone in your house gets better quickly. Don't over due it on the move! Enjoy closing on your house, congratulations!
I miss talking to you!
Hey Jamie I am so glad you guys made it home safely!! It was good to see you guys, I am glad you didn't let one of the twenty things stop you from coming. I love you guys, Congrats on your new home.
yay for your new house and im so glad ya'll made it and we got to meet claire. so cute!
ps. can i see some pictures please...i cant read that much =) thanks
love you
Post a Comment