Monday, August 2, 2010

Lost and gone forever...

There is no creative or happy or nice way of saying this so I'll just say it like it is - I lost my wedding ring - the diamond one - the engagment ring. It's gone and lost forever at the bottom of a lake in Colorado.
Am I devestated? Am I crushed beyond all measure? Am I saddened to the point of crying so much there are no more tears in my eyeballs? Yes.

I have learned some valuable lessons in the last week:

1. These material things can be replaced. Family and the people that matter MOST to me cannot.
2. The ring was a token, a symbol of my husbands love for me and I know it is just that. A material thing that I wore on my finger. Though beautiful and very expensive, the meaning and true symbol of the ring still exists - our love. I know that just because the ring is absent, his love for me isn't and HE is my constant reminder of that now!!
3. How tender and forgiving my husband is. I know he wiped out his savings (a couple of times) for me to have that beautiful of a ring and I know it hurt him when I told him it was gone. But he wasn't mad, or even upset at me for being careless and losing it. Instead he has been very tender to my feelings. Making sure that I am happy and trying his hardest to put a positive twist on the situation- like "won't it be fun to go ring shopping again?". He's the best and I am a lucky girl to have his love!!

There might come a day when it can be replaced, but until then, I will often think of what is lying on the bottom of a lake for someone to find and call their own precious.

5 comments:

Mollie said...

Oh Jamie! I am so sad for you!!! My sister's ring got stolen right out of her house, it is so sad! But it will be fun to go ring shopping again!

♥Mommy Of 2♥ said...

So sad! I know exactly how you are feeling. When we were first married, we were at a store when I realized my ring was gone...I felt like I was going to pass out. I started praying and trying to remember where It might have fallen off. Finally I thought about the trash at our house. I had Jim check the dumpster out by our appartment. Luckily it was the bag right on top. I was relieved beyond measure. The trash was supposed to pick up that next morning. It is a loss but luckily you still have the one part of that symbol that means the most and you can have him wrapped around you every day... Hehe!

JRKimball said...

I sawy hime! Ryan's wedding ring was stolen and is gone forever too. The first can never be replaced, so sad! (Although, the price tag is not the same) I am sorry. I will keep my eye out next time I am there, and every time after.

Brooke said...

wow... that sucks (nothing more to say!) haha

Unknown said...

Oh, I am so sad for you. That is my biggest fear! I love you girl and miss you like crazy!