Friday, December 3, 2010

Chores

I know we're not the only parents out there that is tired of cleaning up after children.  It is a constant, daily battle to teach our kids to pick up after themselves.  They move from one thing to the next thing without cleaning up the first mess that they made.  So if you are parents like us, you will appreciate this quote from our three year old Evelyn...

As Evelyn walked away from her room, she said "Dad...thanks for cleaning my room.  OH WAIT!  I did that myself!!!"  This quote is dated November 27th, 2010.

On October 16th, 2010 (just one month earlier) a very similar conversation was happening between dad and Evelyn about her chores and this is what she said a month ago...
Dad: "Evelyn, I asked you to clean up!"
Evelyn:  "Dad, I'm a princess, and princess' DON'T clean up."

This prooves to us that over time, what we are teaching really is sinking in and one day it does click and one day they do their chores by them self!!  YA!

2 comments:

korie said...

Still reading! :)
too cute!

Unknown said...

I love it!! "Oh wait...I did that myself"
That is too funny!